Dexter Dryers in Category Preventative Maintenance
Make sure all machine power is disconnected before making checks inside the machine.
- Clean lint screen using a soft brush if necessary. Check lint screen for rips or tears and replace as necessary.
- Clean lint from motor end bells and dryer controls area.
- Clean lint from lint screen compartment.
- Clean lint accumulation from top and all areas above, around and below burners and burner housing. Failure to keep this section of dryer free from lint is a fire hazard.
- Check V-belts for cracks, wear, fraying or looseness.
- Inspect all fasteners (screws, bolts, nuts, etc) and tighten any that are loose.
- Clean all lint accumulation from inside of front panel.
- Place a few drops of light oil on top and bottom pivots of the door hinge.
- Inspect door glass gasket for excessive wear.
- Clean lint accumulation from primary air ports in burners.
- Check intermediate drive pulley bushings for excessive wear.
- Remove, inspect and clean main burner orifices of obstructions or dirt.
- Grease intermediate drive pulley bearing at zirk grease fitting.
- Inspect and remove any lint accumulation in the exhaust ducts. Inspect all ducting from the dryer exhaust connection to the exit wall or roof.
- Check tumbler shaft retaining nut for 125 ft. pound torque.*
* Please note that we have extended the time between checks after serial number #149253, and when your next quarterly scheduled preventative maintenance check is due, you may install locktite #271 across the threads and tighten to 150 ft. lb., and this will then extend your next PM check time to annually.